What's on the agenda for this weekend, kids? I've got some cool activities planner -- I promise to recap later, but I'm gonna check off some items!!! I have to get back to my "14 in 2014" goals -- it will be December in a flash and I won't be able to live with myself if I don't chip away at these things.
1. I got a new sweater and I'm in love with it. Looks how cute it is!
By the way, what do you suppose this lady is thinking about? She's kind of saying "Take the picture already, you douche," amiright?
Anyway, I remain sad that Nordstrom is scaling back their in-person plus size offerings, but the online is killer if you have the patience for it. Did I mention I'm in love my sweater? Take a look. They have free shipping, you guys.
2. I continue to be in love with Honest Trailers. The latest is The Wolf of Wall Street. You're probably not gonna laugh as much as I did if you haven't seen this movie... And I should probably warn you about spoilers....
3. I think being a sign language interpreter is a really cool job. What an amazing thing to devote your life to. And Jimmy Kimmel, in his innate viral video wisdom, brought on three unique women who sign for RAPPERS and had them battle while Wiz Khalifa performed "Black and Yellow." Wiz is stoned out of his mind and it is all amazing.
4. I have great friends. Because when they sense I'm hurting, they send me amazing videos like this. Thank you, Matty. I don't understand it and yet, I CANNOT STOP WATCHING. I simply need more of tribal Barbra Streisand and Babs singing to disco-era computers in my life.
5. This week, the internet EXPLODED when a U.S. Airways social media person accidentally tweeted a photo of a girl with her legs spread wide open, with a toy plane crash landing in her hoo-hah.
No, I did not make that up. Really. If you're a curious kitten, Buzzfeed has a blurry version of the photo you can click on to un-blur.
There was a benign apology - even though they've not explained exactly how that tweet stayed up for an hour without anyone catching it.
And all that I could handle. But dear god - the comebacks that ensued? Effing priceless. I die. My immediate response was "But what's the frequent flyer program like?" Also, "Nice cockpit."
Here were some more I enjoyed:
Aer Lingus— Richard Lawson (@rilaws) April 14, 2014
BY THE WAY, HAS ANYONE SEEN MY LITTLE HANDHELD PLANE?— NOT BUSTER OLNEY (@TRIPPINGOLNEY) April 14, 2014
You're welcome, America. Have a nice weekend. Um, safe travels....