Well, I walked right into that pile, didn't I?
My god, you guys, if I felt crappy last Friday, it pales in comparison to how I felt on Monday. I went home from work halfway through the day feeling like my face was organizing a mutiny from my skull. The pressure! Omigod! The sinus infection took over in an instant (I was fine on Sunday) and ran my week into the ground.
The good news is, I feel better today. Almost human. So let's celebrate humanity with five things making me feel good this week!
1. Well before the infection ploughed through my nasal passages (I really have a way with words, amiright?) I spent a couple days at Bloggy Boot Camp's "Women Get Social" in San Diego. It was, far and away, the best blog conference I've been to in ages. Finally, a conference that makes an effort with ice-breaking and speaking to bloggers, not at bloggers. I got to stay at the lovely Bahia Resort, just steps from the water (although it was Rainpocalypse down there) and take advantage of a little free time to see some family down there and enjoy a couple of nice meals (highly recommend The Patio if you need a nice spot in that area). I love San Diego and I don't get down there often enough!
2. Mike got a puppy. Which is great for him except I want to steal the puppy. Just watch this:
It is impossible to watch that video without smiling. Right? RIGHT?! I mean....
He is just the cutest guy. I want to cuddle him.
3. Not to worry, though, cat lovers. I realize I heavily favor dogs here on the blog, but there's some room left in my heart for kittens, too - I promise! And though I am not a cat owner, I've certainly had enough experience with them to reognize that this video is gut-busting hilarity. If you own a cat or have ever spent a little time with one, I can basically guarantee the giggles:
Incidentally, this guy is known as the "Creep Video Guy" at Buzzfeed and he makes lots of these. But this one if the funniest.
4. If you thought I wasn't going to mention this, you just don't know me at all. And really, I wouldn't want to deprive newly crowned Hollywood star Adele Dazeem of some more precious time in the spotlight.
That's 6.3 million views. 6.3 million people who know her name is IDINA MENZEL. Suck it, Travolta.
5. Sunday we watched the Academy Awards. I don't care how political they are or how silly and pretentious they may seem to some people... I love the Oscars. I really do. I love the glamour and the speeches. And in the last few years, the real-time social media, which pplayed an even bigger role this year, thanks to Ellen. And I especially love the fashion. I actually found this year's crop of dresses fairly boring. It seemed like a lot of muted tones -- no jewel tones or bright patterns. Nothing too bold. Certainly nothing akin to Bjork's infamous swan dress. But there was still a lot of class and far more hits than misses for me.
We had a nice chat about it over on Facebook if you want to chime in. Here are a couple stand-outs:
Have a terrific, lovely, wonderful, restful weekend!