I MOVED. IT FINALLY HAPPENED.
Moved all my stuff over yesterday and spent my very first night in the new place. It is pretty wonderful! I am immesurably happy and absolutely can't wait to finish furnishing it. Maybe when it looks cute I'll show you guys some photos. Right now, the only problem is no WiFi (not til after 8pm tonight - thanks AT&T) or cable (Sunday) so I'm spending too much time at Starbucks and not enough time living alone and existing solely in pants and a bra.
Sitting around in pants and a bra. Because I can do that now that I don't have a roommate. #SmallVictories— AJ (@AmandaJoy) September 19, 2014
But oh how my body hurts. I never want to lift boxes again. But then, I did hire movers. Best money I ever spent. Today I ventured to Home Depot -- can you believe I've never been before? It's WONDROUS and ginormous.
So other than moving - YAY!!! - here are five things that made me happy this week.
1. Does anyone use DuckDuckGo?
First of all, props for a great name. I love ducks. It's a search engine. Like Google. But without any of that stalky bull-crap we've all just accepted as part of our lives. No ads, no targeting, no following you around the web after you leave the page, no videos, no clutter, faster search. I'm kind of in love with it. I've always loved Google and all things Google (well, except Google Play - not a fan) but sometimes I admit I get a little skin-crawly about all the invasions into my privacy.
2. I am OBSESSED with kimono jackets. I own three now. I want more. This is my latest and I love it. I'm wearing it right now, in fact.
3. At a recent concert, Panic! At The Disco covered "Bohemian Rhapsody" and it. is. perfection.
4. I always love lists that start with "XX Little Known Tips" or "Facts You May Not Know About...." This particuular one actually had a few tips in it I hadn't seen before so it made me happy. Click for "41 Little-Known Social Media Features." How many are new to you?
5. TONIGHT I AM GOING TO SEE KATY PERRY!!! As such, I thought I would close with one of my favorite videos from her. It was very hard to choose which one but I thought I'd go for something less obvious that "Teenaged Dream" or "Roar."
Disclosure: This post contains one, tiny affiliate link. I'm sure you don't care.