Frantically looks for scraps of wrapping paper.
Where the hell did this year go, I ask you....
This week was wasted on me. I woke up Monday morning, victime to some undercooked chicken from the night before. I will spare you the disgusting details - there are many - but by Monday night, after some unfortunate driving choices, I ended up in an Urgent Care center, praying to the quirky clinic doctor for salvation. I was severely dehydrated, mal-nourished, in pain.... Monday was horrible and Tuesday wasn't much better. I started to feel more myself Wednesday and by yesterday, I was nearly 100% again although I now seem to have the early stages of either a chest cold, or my throat is just recovering from so much up-chucking this week.
In any case, I am panicked. THERE IS TOO MUCH TO DO and I don't own enough deoderant to get through it all alive!
1. Did you guys know I'm trying to give some very lucky hot guy the "Menday of the Year" award? Help me pick a winner, would you? Go look at these photos and let me know who the victor should be. You can comment, Facebook comment, Tweet. I'm pretty flexible on this.
Incidentally, Anne and I are going to a screening of Into the Woods tonight and I'm SO. EXCITED.
2. I didn't read as much as I wanted to this year, but I read more than I did last year so I'm checking it off as a win. What were the best books you read this year? These were my two favorites:
I realize, of course, I could not have chosen two more different books. What can I tell you -- I'm eclectic. But The Giver was absolutely chilling and hauntingly beautiful. Bossypants was just ridiculously warm and funny and real. It made me a massive Tina Fey fan - not that I didn't like her already.
Need book-spiration for 2015? Check out Kirkus' list of "Best Fiction" from this year.
3. Who wants to watch puppies and cry bucketts of happy tears??? I highly recommend Barkpost's compilation of videos of people getting surprise puppies. (Hint, hint, Mom.)
4. This video. I posted it on Facebook pretty much sans commentary. Because it's pretty hard to explain. But 7.5 million views can't be wrong. Just watch, enjoy, and thank me later.
5. Last chance! I must remind one and all that my friends at Jackery have this great deal for people who still ned to stock up on stocking stuffers! (See what I did there?)