A new year following a year in which I accomplished so little. At least, that's how I feel. My epic struggle to find the balance between working hard and playing hard continues on in 2014. I will let the weight of how little I accomplished in 2013 propel me forward!
And as such, I've also decided to change how I make these lists. 33 things was a lot, 34 things was too much, 35 seemed doomed for failure. So instead of making a list of things to accomplish in the year based on the age I'm turnining (35?! I'm in denial), I'm just going to make it based on the year itself.
Reflecting on things I've yet to accomplish from previous lists, and taking into account new goals and ambitions, here is this year's list of things to do, see, try, touch and taste!
1. Get that 2012 reading mojo back. The amount of books I read in 2013 disappointed me.
2. Take a trip to Whimsic Alley - now mere blocks from where I work, it would be a shame not to.
3. Go to LACMA. Mournfully, I've still never been.
4. Go to the Aquarium of the Pacific. Still a goal.
5. Visit New York. This is officially the longest I've gone without a trip back since college.
6. Bake something new.
7. Send cards, flowers and presents for no reason.
8. Hug and be hugged more.
9. Create a charitable initiative via the blog (an idea I've had for a while but have been lazy about executing).
10. I'm not messing around or being half-assed about this. I am CLEANING THIS APARTMENT. I swear. Really.
11. Go for walks. Alone or with friends.
12. Write. Finish my book. It's been a long time coming... Subgoal: Start a writers group!
13. Part with my CD collection - sell or donate. They're just collecting dust now.
14. Take a tacky tourist tour of Los Angeles.