So you don't know this yet (and how could you), but as I'm wrapping up this year and trying to knock off my remaining "33 in 2012" goals, I am simultaneously planning for "34 in 2013."
Oh yes, I'm doing it again.
And one of my goals will be to take vitamins. I never ever do (maybe I did when I was little?) but I always think about my grandfather, who took them all his life, and up until the year of his passing, lived a supremely healthy and vital life. He credited vitamins for a lot of that and who am I to argue?
So when Adora asked me if I wanted to try their chocolate calcium supplements for my blog, my answer was hell-t0-the-yes. (I didn't really say that. If I'd said that, the PR rep woulda been like "Well, she's nuts -- let's send her the crazy pill chocolate supplements. Incidentally, I would like those if they exist.)
Sorry - a little rant for you there.
The first thing I did was google "Why do we need calcium?" It's kind of a stupid question -- I only found out what most educated people know. Calcium is a mineral that fortifies your bones and teeth. Of course, what I didn't know? 99% of the calcium in your body is stored in bones and teeth. The remaining 1% is in your blood and soft tissues, and is essential for life and health. Without this 1% of calcium, your muscles wouldn’t contract correctly, your blood wouldn’t clot and your nerves wouldn’t carry messages. (source)
That sounds like some prettty important stuff.
So yes, bring me the chocolates with the calcium. Here's the skinny on Adora:
- High quality USP-grade calcium carbonate, vitamin D3, and magnesium
- Antioxidants from all-natural premium chocolate
- Only 30 calories to support weight loss goals
- A smooth, easy-to-digest consistency
- Gluten free and certified Kosher
- No artificial sweeteners
- totally affordable at $7.99 - $9.99
Two Adora tablets and you've gotten all the calcium your body needs in a day. True story.
AND, if you can believe it, they were quite the tasty treats! And to MY surprise, between the milk chocolate and dark chocolate, I liked the dark chocolate more (in all honesty, I usually hate dark chocolate).
So I endorse, recommend, approve, etc. And especially because they have an active online social presence. As all companies should.
Much thanks to them for sending these along. I thoroughly enjoyed them and feel even more motivated to viva la vitamins in 2013.