This morning at Starbucks, I couldn't help but notice this girl sitting in a corner, chugging her iced latte and going to town on a bowl of KALE. No, really. At 9am. She was eating that Kale like she was competing, y'all. I've never seen that before. And frankly, I'm not sure how well Kale goes with an iced latte. For breakfast. Ever find there's a food out there in the world that everyone loves and thinks is positively delicious but for some reason, it just turns your stomach? That's kind of how I feel about Kale. And broccoli, while I'm on the subject. So seeing this girl and her unusual meal was disturbing to me on a few levels.
In other news, I decided to borrow an idea from other bloggers and run a feature each Friday that focuses on what I'm currently into. A lot of bloggers do this and everyone always seems to have a cute name for it. As I am not that clever today, I'm going with "What's up?" Fridays. I thought about "Top Five Friday" but what if I wanted to list six one day? Or I was lazy and only had three things to share? So hence WUF is born. (I'm just now realizing now that it's basically WOOF, which I am okay with because I love puppies.)
And look, I even made a logo.
1. I know I posted about this before, but I'm really digging BlogLovin'. I am doing so much more blog reading now and it's great. Before I was just always dreadfully behind and it's nice to feel even more immersed in the blogging community. Also, I've just started using their lists function which makes it even easier -- I can prioritize what I read more efficiently.
3. I saw two great artciles on writing tips this week and am equally obsessed with both. I've read them over and over. Each time, I feel a great spurt of motivation, if not warmth, and I keep pledging to myself I will finally finish my book.
- Joss Whedon's Top 10 Writing Tips (I love him and you should, too.)
- Matt Haig's "Some Fucking Writing Tips" (If cursing is not your thing, best to avoid this one, kiddies.)
4. These glasses from Sisters of Los Angeles (ironically they are New York themed):
5. Coffitivity. (Say that three times fast.) Research shows it's pretty hard to be creative in a quiet space. And a loud workplace can be frustrating and distracting. But, the mix of calm and commotion in an environment like a coffee house is proven to be just what you need to get those creative juices flowing, right? So this site plays nonstop coffee house ambiance. I listen to music while I work but a lot of the time, I pkay this, too. I find it oddly soothing. Try it -- you'll get addicted!
6. If you ever loved Newsies, you will love this.
Thus concludes the debut episode of "WUF," muffins. Everyone have a good weekend.