This week was such an improvement over the last one, which was an improvement over the one before and I feel like celebrating. With the end of this week, I feel this strange weight coming off my shoulders slowly and am sticking to a new mantra: If I can survive through October, everything will be okay. I realize that's a strange stance to make when most people start panicking with the holiday season approaching, but I feel like the holidays will return me to a place of familiarity and comfort and joy.
In case I've not mentioned it here (I have on Twitter), I am battling a seemingly chronic case of nauseau. I don't know why. I wake up most mornings just super nauseaus and some days, like today, it is almost crippling. Sometimes it's right when I wake up, sometimes it sets in while I'm showering, sometimes just while I'm putting on my makeup... I don't know how to fix this. I mean, clearly I should see a doctor, but I don't really know what he's gonna tell me or do to fix it. At some point later in the morning it goes away and that's that. Actually, I don't think about it much anymore but on days like this one - where I can barely stand up at some point - I get really angry about it.
And on that chipper note, what's new with you, kids? Do tell.
1. NSYNC IS REUNITING AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO EXCITED IN ALL OF MY LIFE.
No, seriously, you guys. One year ago I tweeted "NKOTB, BSB, The Wanted and 98 Degrees on stage together this past weekend. NSYNC, let's get on that, m'k?" So I think it's clear that I made this happen. I only hope there will be singing and dancing. If the group is reuniting just to hand Justin a trophy at the VMAs only so he can sing something from his new album, I will probably curl up in the fetal position and cry. And text like 8 people about my outrage.
2. Ben Affleck has been cast as the next Batman and the internet is all up in arms about it. As I pretty much hated the first Superman movie (well, the one with Henry Cavill), I kind of don't care who plays Batman in the second because I expect to hate the movie anyway. And since the role didn't end Clooney's career, I say we let Ben have at it. Frankly, I thought he was a pretty good Daredevil, so I'm indifferent. That said, if you want to laugh at the nerd outrage, check out the hashtag #BetterThanBenAffleck on Twitter.
P.S. "Bat-Damon" is hilarious.
3. If you hadn't heard, I'm kind of a big Yankees fan. And this week, outfielder and ten-time all-star Ichiro Suzuki had his 4000th base hit. Which is a really big deal. And when it happened, they played the theme from The Natural at which point I burst into tears of joy (I swear that's not crazy - if you've seen that movie, you probably empathize).
4. "27 Everyday Decisions that Twenty-Somethings are Really Bad at" from Buzzfeed. I'm sharing this because even though I am 34, most of these are true for me. When reading it, know that #1 is a constant struggle for me
5. This video is over a year old but got a new viral life this week and I'm in love. Watching these hard core rockers admit what their guilty pleasure pop songs are? Amazing. Some of them are like "Yeah, so what, I like Bieber" and some of them are like "oh no, it's just cause my kids listen to pop music..."
Whatever, I know they're all rockin' out to "Genie in a Bottle" in the car.
6. I've never not been a Patton Oswalt fan -- it's just that he's typically been kind of off my radar. But at the behest of my boss at work, I started following him on Twitter and slowly he is earning a permanent place in my heart. And his ingenius stunt this week was amazing - check it out.
Have a terrific weekend, everybody.