I got knocked the eff over this week. Something evil jumped into my lungs to muck about. When it stirred up enough shit there, it dropped by my stomach for a few hours to make sure I knew true and total misery. (That was really just pulled muscles from coughing and asthma badness.)
That little menace is still with me and I must tell you, it is most unwelcome. Time for it to go. So please join me in recapping things that did not suck this week.
1. As I am such a nice person, giving out Sex Position Coloring books n' all (congrats to Julie!), I thought I'd give more stuff away. And thusly I am currently in the middle of TWO fabulous giveaways!
- Enter for a chance to win a pair of Marc by Marc Jacobs earrings - they're fabuslous!
- Enter for a chance to win a vacation to the beautiful NAPA VALLEY! (You gotta get the Facebook pop-up for this one - it's throwing some people off. I'm finding Internet Explorer to be the best for it. Do not be deterred!)
Enter! Enter! Enter! Tis the season! You know how when you clap you save a fairy? Well, consider those entries claps and me a.... Wait, I don't like this metaphor now.
2. Last night, NBC aired The Sound of Music Live and it was, I'm sad to say, atrocious. I have to admit that I had very low expectations going in. However, in earnest, I had the kind of low expectations wherein I hoped they'd be shamed and flogged because the show would be awesome. Alas, that was not the case. It was pretty bad. Without getting too deep into reviewing it, I will just say it really lacked the joy of the original movie or any stage production I've ever seen. And it would have benefitted far more from being shot as a stage production instead of on a soap opera-like set. Even Tony winners in the supporting roles couldn't save this thing from drowning.
But in a last minute stroke of brilliance, I decided to live-tweet the entire thing. I was retweeted almost 60 times and favorited almost 100! And that's only what I could keep track of before bed last night... A major triumph in my personal quest for twitter domination. And among it all, I was retweeted by two stars of General Hospital and two major press outlets. I'm pretty damned pleased with myself and think this means I either have to take cough syrup with codeine before all twitter sessions or.... Never mind, I think that's all it means.
3. You know what Benedict Cumberbatch did this week? He recited R. Kelly lyrics on my TV. And it was mind blowing.
4. Jezebel recapped some of its favorite musicals and here is why it's an amazing list. First of all, they inclued Camp, which I've not seen in forever and features tiny Anna Kendrick being sassy. It has found its way into my Netflix queue and will be watched this weekend. Also, it places The Wiz above The Wizard of Oz and while cinematically and historically that might not be correct, the Grease 2 lover in me approves. There's a lot of musical awesomeness in this list to go around.
5. First there was Theo and Beau, now there's big dog and little dog. Harlow the Weimaraner and his new bestie Indi, a teacup dachshund pup. If you can handle the cuteness without wanting to sing and dance for the world then you are a stronger person than I.
6. This week, through the power of social media n' all, I learned what "Elf on the Shelf" is. And here is the thing - ARE YOU ALL CRAZY?! Is this a thing? Let me get this straight -- the kids go to sleep and you position this creepy looking elf doll so the kids think it came alive while they slept? Should I even give you my therapist's number?
Just kidding. It's hilarious. Check out what these creative, twisted geniuses did with their elves. My new parenting idols. I laughed and laughed. I'd laugh more but I pulled every muscle in my body coughing this week and I can laugh no more. It hurts so much....
This one is Meg's fave:
Happy holidays, you sick twisted bastards. I love you. (My future kids are gonna be so messed up.)