I don't actually know if that headline makes sense, but I enjoy it.
Naturally I love my blog and always enjoy writing for it, but I especially enjoyed it this week. It was the prefect blend of sponsored posts, giveaway posts and me-posts. I had so much fun Downtown last weekend, and then writing about The Last Bookstore and Ace Hotel -- I want to do more of that. I'm trying to brainstorm other fun places around town to visit. Do let me know if you have any ideas!
1. I've renamed myself "Crazy AJ" and feel rather like one of those nutty commercial salemen who always shoutss "everything my go, go, GO!"
But it's so much fun to be me right now! I love giveaways and you still have a few days left for two of them - a beautiful coktail recipe book from the writers of Spoon Fork Bacon, and a cool pair of earphones from Sol Republic.
And just in time for Valentine's Day, I've got one more in the pipeline. Remember the Sex Positions Coloring Book? Well, this giveaway is gonna blow that one out of the water.... You've been warned. And I'll bet you're quivering with anticipation.
2. My mind was BLOWN this week when I read that Tom Hiddleston originally screen tested to be Thor. Did you know that?! Cause I didn't. But io9 posted about it and included some amazing animated gifs. You must go see. I can't wait for Thor: The Dark World to come out on Blu-ray...!
3. I came across this article and thought it was pretty terrific: "How to Pronounce Designer Names 101." It reminded me of that scene in Showgirls (stoppit - you know you've seen it, too) when Elizabeth Berkely pronouces Versace as Ver-sase. I'm not gonna lie -- I didn't know how Proenza Schouler was pronoucned although I did know they make beautiful, wonderful handbags that I worship from afar.
Also, P.S. Proenza Schouler's designers, Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough, are pretty easy on the eyes. Would you have expected this?
4. My back and neck have been KILLING me lately and I'm going a little crazy from it. I have a perfectly nice desk chair at work, but it's not very nice right now. I don't know what to do. I spotted a chair like this at a co-worker's desk and he let me try it... It was shockingly comfortable and took a lot of pressure off the parts of me that are hurting. But I'm not sure I could sit in it all day. I might pick up one of those yoga balls this weekend and just try it for part of the day. We'll see....
5. My new favorite person to follow on Twitter these days is Ronan Farrow. You may have heard about him recently -- there was an article in Vanity Fair about his mom, Mia Farrow, in which she actuallly speculated if his father reall is Woody Allen or if, in fact, it is Frank Sinatra. And Ronan, in response, tweeted "Listen, we're all 'possibly' Frank Sinatra's son." That earned my follow and he's earned my admiration ever since. (He's actually a really interesting guy and worth reading about if you have time.)
Also, his live-tweeting of the Grammy Awards was perfection.
In any case, I tweeted:
I hope no one minds but I think I'm just going to delete all of you and just follow @RonanFarrow from now on. (Only half-kidding...)— AJ (@AmandaJoy) January 30, 2014
And then this happened:
I'm such a nerd. But dammit, that made me really happy.
* * *
Have a great weekend, everybody. I hope something happens that makes you incredibly happy!