I'm totes working on my Spanish. I'm pretty sure that title says "What happened, Friday?" but that's the closest I can get with my limited skill to "What's Up, Friday?"
At this time, I'd like to apologzie to any of my Latino readers. They might be thinking "no apology necessary!" but I assure you it is. My Spanish is shameful for someone who took four years of it in school. I went on a date last week with someone who speaks it fluently and he ordered our food in Spanish -- my GOD, you guys. It was HOT. Anyway, that's why I am suddenly titling my blog post en Español. You're welcome.
1. Scarlett Johansson Falls Down, Internet Takes Over. I don't know how to explain this (and I'm also afraid you're going to judge me for having laughed like a crazy woman at this) so just click on it. I hope it brings you as much joy as it brought me. (P.S. Speaking of ScarJo, I just saw Her and it's phenomenal. Go see it. Also The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.)
2. Recipes. First, my friend Carolyn posted this recipe for CROCK. POT. HOT. CHOCOLATE. and dear god, it looks amazing. I want it. I want to make it. I gave my brother a crockpot for bis birthday last month and now I kind of want it back...
I beg you not to lick your monitor. Seriously, stop that. Someone will call the men in white lab coats to come take you away...
3. I'm not sure I've ever mentioned it, but my friend Emily and I do these bi-monthly-ish gift exchanges. We pick a theme like "something hilariously Jewish" or our favorite Yankees pitcher and spend very little money to make one another simle. Well, this month, for our very belated Hanukkah exchange, in addition to some amazing Yiddish magnetic poetry, she remembered that I'd never seen the Stephen Sondheim musical Sunday in the Park With George and sent me the DVD! And I'm not joking, I opened the box, put on pajamas, and immediately watched it. Of course, I loved it. As I do most things Sondheim.
"Sunday," the finale from Act I, is breathtaking.
Bonus points if you spotted and recognized Brent Spiner.
Fun fact -- I saw Mandy Patinkin in concert when I was 19. He's got a magnificent voice and stage presence. And at the end, he posed as a fencer poses and recited his famous line from The Princess Bride. I shrieked like the fangirl I am.
4. I know a lot of people are afraid of the Robots taking over or the zombie apocalypse. But I think we need to start worrying about the animals fighting back. Because look at what Lucy the Beagle can do:
From the dog's owner: "...Every day she moves the chair over. Never saw how she did it. I figured she would try to get into the toaster oven. The toaster oven shuts itself off -- it's on a timer. So I set up the camera, put the chicken nuggets in and left. Came back 40 minutes later to the pan on the floor."
5. While I mentioned it in brief on Facebook , I've yet to really point out that my blog underwent a little fine tuning last weekend. It actually hasnt been that long since the last one (althoug the last one was far more extensive) but you know me -- I get twitchy and then projects just happen. I was adding the new SoCal Lady Bloggers badge to my collection over yonder on the left there and then I started tweaking. Just a little thing here, a little bit there... Next thing I know, the very talented Lindsay Goldner is designing social buttons for me... Suddenly I'm recoloring things, making new banners. Even a new avatar. I got carried away but I kind of love it and I hope you do, too!
6. You may have been sleeping under a rock this week so just FYI, I am one of five bloggers currently giving away a mini-cation to Las Vegas. If you haven't entered yet, you should really do so immediately. (If you just entered, pretend I'm high-fiving you. If you'd already entered, pretend I'm giving you a thumsb up. I like to vary my supportive hand gestures, guys.)
Outside of The Venetian Las Vegas in December -- Festive!