It's almost February which means supermarkets, drug stores, flower shops, car washes, restaurants and your grandma's house are surely swimming in pink, red and white. It is what it is. I don't feel as grumpy about it as I have in years past. Last year was an especially nice one so it's tiding me over. (Quick! Go enter my Valentine's Day giveaway!)
I will also politely remind you that last year, just before Valentine's Day, a mystery guest-blogger posted this charming and classy post about lube and blow jobs. It remains one of my most-read posts of all time.
As per usual, as I surfed the web this week, I stashed these amazing items aside to share with you today.
1. First of all, UBER. OMIGOD, UBER. To celebrate Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl, Uber ran a promotion in certain cities where you could order puppy playtime. Order a puppy Uber and it would come to you, puppies in tow, for a wonderful, adorable, 15 minute play date.
BEST. PROMOTION. EVER.
2. I am pro-vaccine. To be quite frank, I think any other stance is misguided, if not ignorant. I know we're supposed to be respectful of other people's beliefs when they differ from our own, but in this instance, I'm taking exception to that tenet. What is happening right now, here in California, with the spread of measles -- it is terrible and it didn't have to happen.
In any case, as such, I found this scientist's response to an anti-vaxxer pretty amazing.
Also, this post from blogger Jessica Gottlieb is pretty excellent.
3. I'm an Emma Watson fan.
4. Three brothers decided to recreate childhood photos for mom. The results are OUTSTANDING.
5. My feelings about Sam Smith change with the weather. Sometimes I'm like "I feel you, man. That's a deep cut." And other times I'm like "WHY ARE YOU SUCH A SAD PANDA?"
But I'm obsessed with this video. It's not new but I only just discovered it. It's really stunning.
6. This astronaut, Leland Melvin, is my new hero. This is his official NASA portrait.
I could never do better than this.