If anyone asks how long it took me to make this week's "What's Up, Friday?" graphic, I will smile and say "no time at all."
I will totally deny that I spent an hour on it.
1. I am all about the music this week. I spent some time revamping my Spotify "Current Faves" list, which always includes new tunes as well as a lot of old stuff that I've either only just discovered or stuff I've re-discovered.
Have you ever heard of the band Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich? I swear I am not making that up. I heard about them when, sadly, one of the guitarists passed away recently. I guess they were successful abroad but never made it big here in the U.S. Of course I had to google a band name like that, came across one of their hits, and I just love it:
More music... I'm not a big fan of Kanye's new song "Only One." The one he did with Paul McCartney that had hundreds of young hipsters everywhere asking "Who is Paul McCartney?" (SHAME ON THEM!) However the Postmodern Jukebox cover of the tune? Fabulous:
2. Twitter was GLORIOUS this week.
I saw this:
So I tweeted this:
Johnathan Schaech got shirtless on MSN which is exactly how he should advertise where he is at all times, so I'm down. http://t.co/3CCuRhUWqs— AJ (@AmandaJoy) February 4, 2015
And this guy favorited it:
That made me pretty happy.
I also tweeted about my new, favorite show, Amazon pilot, "Salem Rogers" (It's SO smart and funny):
And this lady, who happens to be the show's star, favorited it:
It's so cool when celebs are paying attention to their social channels. It's the littlest thing and it made me feel like a million bucks each time.
Incidentally, the Amazon pilot "The Man in the High Castle" is also AMAZING and I cannot recommend it enough.
3. Stars! They're just like us! Check out Dame Helen Mirren riding the New York City subway:
People who encountered her had some cute reactions.
4. After the Detroit Free Press wrote about James Robertson's arduous 21-mile trek to and from his suburban factory job, a college student was inspired to raise money for the total stranger - he was able to gift him more than $230,000.00. It's a wonderful story that will restore your faith in humanity - read it here.
5. I thought this was clever when I read about it on Marla's blog; Southwest Airlines is upcycling leather from the seats they are replacing into really cute purses and bags. Have a look at photos and the full post here. I kind of want one.
6. Not so very long ago, I had to fire all of my friends because I had never heard of Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter. I mean, what kind of friends withhold such delicious info. from someone they care about? But I was eventually able to get my hands on a jar and all was forgiven.
And now this:
That right there is Dark Caramel & Vanilla Ice Creams with Speculoos Cookies & a Speculoos Cookie Butter Core. OH. MY. GOD.
So if anyone comes looking for me this weekend, please let them know I've gone back to the market for more. Peace out.