It's hard to believe that it's been 30 years since Allison Reynolds (Ally Sheedy) dumped her purse out in "The Breakfast Club."
Much like our favorite pixie stix-loving friend, I must confess that I am one of those people who keeps a million things in her purse. Like, at the office, if someone's all "I need a band-aid!" someone will usually murmur from behind their monitor, "go ask AJ, she's got everything," and I do. And don't even get me started on what's in my desk drawers...
As such, while I guess I own my fair share of clutches and evening bags, you will usually find me with a rather large purse. (I happened to notice my favorite, the Longchamp Le Pliage Tote is on sale at Nordstrom and that never happens.)
So I thought it would be fun to dump out my bag and tell you what is in there RIGHT NOW....
- First and foremost, my PHONE. Sometimes, like today, my iPad as well. And for long days, an external charger.
- My wallet. It's an old Marc Jacobs nylon wallet that has held up remarkably well. Inside it's a mess and I feel like I must clean it out twice a week. Receipts, ticket stubs, photos, post-it notes...
- My keys. Of course. Which I can never find. Of course. There are a few keychain baubles attached including a minion keychain I got at Universal Studios.
- My little make-up bag. Wonders are zipped within. It would take me an hour to go through it.
- A Sephora signature travel brush. Often a lifesaver. Not joke.
- A fragrance stick. I like the Sugar Lychee scent from Fresh.
- Reading glasses.
- Sunglasses. I have a ton. The current favorite is a cheap pair from Urban.
- Kleenex. Most of the time.
- A multitude of pens. Specifically the uniball liquid gel pens. I am obsessed.
- At least one Sharpie. Publicist habit from all the times I was escorting talent somewhere and they needed to scribble out an autograph.
- A small collection of hair rubberbands. Which I can never find when I need them.
- Two or three lip glosses.
- Band-aids. Usually funny ones with the Muppets or Sponge Bob on them.
- Neosporin. People usually think this is the weirdest but I swear it's come in handy a zillion times.
- Aleve. (I am allergic to ibuprofen and Aleve, thankfully, cures all and doesn't contain any.)
- An emergency "female product" for me or someone who asks "OMIGOD DOES ANYONE HAVE...."
- A nail file.
- Sometimes, my deodorant - depending on what I am doing that day. I am OBSESSED with Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist. I have been using it for YEARS.
- Gum. I prefer the mint chocolate chip flavor from "Extra Delights."
- Right now, a zip lock with Reese's Pieces in it. I've been going to the movies a lot and instead of buying a snack every time, I just end up eating a small handful of these. I'm lazy so they now seem to live in my purse.
- At all times, receipts I've thrown in and not sorted into my wallet yet. Also, lose change.
- Hand lotion. Either Kiehl's or Eucerin.
- Extra business cards.
Dear lord, this list is ridiculous. It's no wonder my shoulders always hurt. Is anyone else this crazy?!
Oh, but P.S. The reason I love my Longchamp the most -- look how it folds up! -- it is PERFECTION when I travel:
Okay, YOUR TURN!
What do you keep in your purse? Do you keep it light or is it a bottomless pit of supplies?
Disclosure: The government makes me tell you that this post contains affiliate links. If you click on them and ending up buying something, I make about two cents off the sale and it does not affect you in the slightest.