I was really fond of my 2016 mantra, "Alright, alright, alright," and plan to keep that in the back of my mind moving forward because that Matthew McConaughey was really onto something when he came up with that.
Also, in 2017, you'll find me living in "The Year of 'NO'." More on that later.
I set quite a precedent in 2016, completing every task on my "16 in 2016" list. So even though I'm saying "NO" more, I'm ambitiously after some new ideas and goals, and trying to be consistent with some oldies-but-goodies.
1. Go to The Getty and/or The Broad
2. Get into the habit of meal planning my weeks.
3. Visit Whimsic Alley.
4. Send cards and post cards for no reason. 2-3/month at least.
5. Movies I always wanted to see but never got around to: Some Like it Hot, It Happened One Night, Indiscreet
6. Spend a day in high heels.
7. Volunteer with animals or people in need.
8. Ice Skate next Winter.
9. Visit friends and family in Northern California.
10. Clean out my closet.
11. Exercise more. Much, much more.
12. Buy/wear tall boots. (Translation: this means I have to shed weight and inches of my calves!)
13. Wear less black. (This is the longest shot on the list but I included it for a couple friends who requested it and will do what I can.)
14. Take a vacation - preferably across the country, definitely to a city I've never been to.
15. Have friends over for a homemade brunch.
16. Raise money for a charity. (I have a new website launching for this!)
* * *
Completed items are highlighted in yellow.