If your memory is as good as mine (that's kind of a joke, my memory is terrible), you'll totally recall the time I went to the MASTERS OF TASTE event in Pasadena. It's essentially a luxury Super Bowl of amazing, local Chefs and restaurants. It is also where I ate these delicious sushi rolls from Ayaea Thai:
While I'm at it, it's also where I immensely enjoyed this "tri-belly" of pork, lamb and beef from Claud & Co:
And.... IT IS BACK! This year’s 2ndAnnual Masters of Taste will be held on Sunday, May 7th from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm on the field of the iconic Pasadena Rose Bowl (1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena, CA 91103). It will bring all the food porn you could ever need with it -- more than 2500 food and beverage enthusiasts from all over Greater Los Angeles for one afternoon to celebrate more than 40 Culinary Masters and restaurants, delectable sweets prepared by L.A.’s top Sweet Masters, signature handcrafted cocktails and tastings from more than 30 Beverage Masters, including L.A’s top bartenders and cocktail bars, local California wineries, local craft breweries, pressed juices, hand roasted coffee, live entertainment and much more.
Like last year,100% of the proceeds from Masters of Taste will directly benefit Union Station Homeless Services, a nonprofit committed to helping homeless men, women and children rebuild their lives.
Are you ready for just a sampling of whose food I will be tasting at this illustrious event???
- 118 Degrees Chef Jenny Ross (Tarzana)
- Alexander’s Steakhouse Chef Matt Bata (Pasadena)
- Bacchus Kitchen & Eatery and Claude & Co. Chef Claud Beltran (Pasadena)
- Bone Kettle and Komodo Chef Erwin Tjahyadi (Pasadena and Los Angeles)
- CAST at the Viceroy Santa Monica Chef Larry Monaco (Santa Monica)
- Celestino Chef Calogero Drago (Pasadena)
- Church & State and Spring Chef Tony Esnault (Downtown Los Angeles)
- Crossings Chef Lalo Sanchez (South Pasadena)
- HACHÉ LA Chef Michael “Mick” Schepers (Silver Lake)
- HokePoke Chef Lauren Haas (Downtown Los Angeles)
- Hamasaku Chef Yoya Takahashi (Los Angeles)
- Hyperion Public Chef Paddy Aubrey (Silver Lake and Studio City)
- INTRO Art Gallery & Chef’s Table Chef Paul Shoemaker (North Hollywood)
- Little Beast Chef Jose Perez (Eagle Rock)
- Magnolia House Chef Evan Colter (Pasadena)
- Mama Lion Chef Michael Hung (Koreatown)
- Mexikosher Chef Katsuji Tanabi (Los Angeles)
- Milk & Honey Chef Lulu Cai (Hollywood)
- Miro Chef Gavin Mills (Downtown Los Angeles)
- Momed Chef Alex Sarkissian (Beverly Hills and Atwater Village)
- Nerano Chef Michele Lisi (Beverly Hills)
- Prince of Venice
- Ramen Tatsunoya (Pasadena)
- SpireWorks Chef Kuniko Yagi (Westwood Village and Eagle Rock)
- Redbird Chef Neal Fraser (Downtown Los Angeles)
- The Raymond 1886 Chef Tim Guiltinan (Pasadena)
- True Food Kitchen Chef Phil Noresetter (Pasadena)
- Venice Whaler Chef Nick Liberato (Venice)
So who's coming with me on May 7th? Tickets are already on sale. Just head to www.MastersofTasteLA.com/Tickets. A VIP "Power Hour" will be held from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm and General Admission will be from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Please note that tickets to this event are only available for guests 21+ and over.
Also, always important in our city of dreams, some transportation and parking info: Masters of Taste guests are encouraged to utilize car services – Lyft, Uber, Taxi, etc. – since this event does serve alcoholic beverages, but complimentary parking will also be available at the event.
ARE YOU HUNGRY? ARE YOU READY? Grab your stretchy pants and MEET ME IN PASADENA!