GREETINGS FROM THE PAST, FRIDAY!
Dear internets, I am writing to you from Thursday. Hours and hours before you made that horrible decision to have a Starbucks Venti Frappucino before sitting in traffic for an hour. Long before you forgot to put deodorant for the day (you know who you are -- I can smell you from here). A whole day before that 3pm "WHY ISN'T THIS DAY OVER YET" lull sets in.
You see, I will be spending Friday hibernating and opening the laptop as little as possible. (Anyone wanna start a betting pool for this?)
But let us not cling to the past, muffins. Except for these few things that were awesome. You should still totally cling to these things and share them with your friends.
1. I wanted to introduce you to my new business advisors: Tommy, Mick, Vince and Nikki.
This week, Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx (he's the one in the very manly scarf) and his manager, Allen Kovac, sat down with Fast Company to give business advice. No, really. And it's genius. Or maybe I just love Mötley Crüe so much I'm biased, but you should give it a read.
2. I have developed a new obsession with HitFix web series The Snap, hosted by evil genius, Louis Virtel. Each week he chimes in with three to four minutes of witty commentary on the latest in pop culture. I love it - and him - so much.
Get your beak wet with the first episode from March:
3. Another video discovery that made me smile... My favorite show So You Think You Can Dance is back for the Summer! And, as I tend to do when it's airing and I've got dance fever, I was tumbling down the YouTube Rabbit Hole late one night watching routines from the previous seasons. Then I found this and I COULD NOT STOP WATCHING AND SMILING. So much smiles. It's so amazing. I love it.
Dear god, they're incredible. I've never seen such intricate footwork look so effortless.
FYI, this should also be a lesson to us all -- there are like 19 million Urban Dance Camp videos out there in the world and I think I've watched all of them. Maybe someday I'll be productive again....
4. When I saw X-Men Days of Future Past (both times because I totally saw it twice opening weekend - don't judge me), this trailer preceded the movie.
Um, hello Colin Firth and all this amazing geeky awesomeness. I am so in. Has anyone heard anything about this movie? I consider myself an "in the know" movie fan but this trailer was a surprise to me. I'm so excited. I think it looks awesome.
Generally, I seem to love anything Matthew Vaughn (the director) touches anyway.
And Samuel L. Jackson is in it. As he is in everything.
5. Does your heart swell up with happiness at the mere mention of Newsies like mine does? If so, you will love this video.
BYU a cappella group Vocal Point and more than 85 other BYU student performers and crew pulled off a four-minute music Newsies medley video without any cuts.
It's insane. In fact, even if you don't like Newsies, it's still a lesson in production. The "Making of" video is totally worth a watch as well.
Happy weekend, future dwellers. SEIZE THE DAY!