I apologize for my brief absence. I got slapped in the face - quite literally, in fact - with a sinus infection. You know it's bad because I TOOK A DAY OFF FROM WORK. I get sinus infections all the time and that never happens. But I spent a good, long day curled up in the fetal position on the sofa. Watching "Shark Tank" reruns.
Actually, it wasn't such a bad day. But I digress... The point is, I've procrastinated blogging and need to get back into the rythm of it.
But what to write?
Today I posted...
1. Her taste in clothing is impeccable. She owns cat-pants and a "Sharknado" t-shirt. And we all know how I LOVE me some "Sharknado."
THIS IS A REAL PHOTO PEOPLE. She totally owns this outfit. She wore those pants when we saw Miley Cyrus in concert.
This is what she wore on New Year's Eve. You can totally see why she's my girl-crush, right?
Four words: LIGHT UP HAIR BOW. (I have one, too. Those also made an apparance at Miley.)
2. We share a love of SHOUTY CAPS.
3. I love her pets. I spent the better part of New Year's Eve asleep on her living room floor with one or both of them sleeping on my head or tush, so we're pretty close friends.
They also make excellent fashion choices. (Well, Anne makes them.)
Look how obviously THRILLED they are! (Use of shouty caps intentional here.)
When she talks in her dog voice (cause she totally has one), I giggle every time.
4. We're both pretty obsessed with TNT's "Private Lives of Nashville Wives." You have to be watching this. It's COMPELLING television.
5. Her love of Zachary Quinto. As he is a member of the Star Trek lexicon, I appreciate this about Anne on many levels. He may be a Menday someday but until then, enjoy this:
6. Our Target outing. The first of many, I hope. We spent one very glamorous Saturday night having dinner at Claim Jumper and buying useless clearance items at Target. I came home with a birthday card (it was funny, someone will appreciate it), bobby pins, a $5 blu-ray, chocolate and a couple other unmentionables. We came home to watch the Miley Unplugged MTV special and talk to each other on our laptops like the super grown ups we are.
* * * *
And there you have it. If that doesn't say "hetero lifemate," then I don't know what does. You have all the essentials - pets, fashion, hot guys.... What more do you need?
Anne, you will have to let me know how I did.
To the rest of you, thank you for indulging me. I hope you giggled at least once. I promise regular blogging will resume shortly. ;)