Greetings! I am refreshed and renewed! I started my new job today and have returned from a FABULOUS trip to San Francisco. We ate, we shopped, we drank, we walked, we shivered (cause dear lord was it COLD) and we had SO. MUCH. FUN.
I have finished coming up with my 33 things to do in 2012. Thank you to the friends and readers who contributed. I am SO excited about tackling this!
New items are indicated in purple. Completed items are highlighted.
- Go to San Francisco.
- Read at least one book a month, if not more. (I completed my book for January. Now reading TWO books at once. I guess I got overly ambitious?)
- Watch Gone With the Wind - I've never seen it! Always wanted to. (Some friends saw this and we are going to organize a movie night. I'm so excited!)
- Clean OUT this apartment. Good lord, I have WAY too much stuff.
- Try this arts n' crafts project. And maybe also this one. I think it's super cool.
- Finish my book (I started writing a book in 2011 - it's true!)
- Go to high tea with girlfriends. Wear beautiful and/or ridiculous hats.
- Go camping. (A cabin in the woods counts.)
- Go to Vegas. Again.
- Bake a pie (I love to bake but I've never successfully made a pie and I LOVE pie!)
- Finish watching every episode of "Star Trek: The Next Generation," in order (I left off in the middle of season 4 in 2011.) Don't judge me. I get to have nerdy goals.
- Wear my glasses more often (like I'm supposed to) (So far, I have been!)
- Go to a baseball game. Eat something totally unhealthy. Shout at the umpires for being assholes.
- Spend a day at the spa (Because I totally deserve it!)
- Drink more water (OMG, I am failing miserably at this.)
- Attend more than one hockey game. (Going to one on Jan. 21. In a VIP suite. Because I am legit, kiddos.)
- Go to LACMA. And The Getty for that matter. I've lived in Los Angeles for most of my life and have never been to either. Ridiculous.
- Host a dinner party. Actually cook some of the food!
- Go to the movies more. Do not wait for others to invite you. Go alone.
- Talk Less. Listen more. (This is rather vague. I will find a way to better explain.)
- Try five foods I've always hated but haven't actually tried in years. Three more to go.
- Learn to make a crepe.
- Take a cooking class with friends.
- Paint a wall in my bedroom. Probably this color or something similar.
- Attend a Sunday service at a Baptist church. No, I am not kidding!
- Get rid of my ugly blue chair (in my apartment). This is more of a chore than you'd think because the chair is HEAVY.
- Send more postcards/cards/flowers/notes for no reason other than to make the recipient smile.
- Attend a taping of ELLEN.
- Shoot a gun (Oh Meghan.... I know you're up for this!)
- Ride/Use a Segway
- Get over 300 fans for my blog on Facebook (Hey, look! Something YOU can help with!)
- Check out the Grammy Museum. Someone was just telling me how cool it is - I was sold.
- Restaurants! Do you know I keep a HUGE list of places I want to try, both in Los Angeles and out? I am going to narrow it down to the top five. TBD.
OMG! I have 33 goals for 2012! What am I - crazy?!