Everyone stop for a second and think about this. What was your life like ten years ago?
Ten years ago, I....
- had only been living out of my parents' house for a year.
- was working as a receptionist/office manager in a law firm.
- had not even thought about grad school yet, let alone applied for it.
In the time since, I have....
- gone to graduate school and earned my M.A.
- found a career path I enjoy. I'm in my fifth PR position now - still loving it.
- started this blog.
- survived surgeries, car accidents, break-ups.
TEN YEARS! It's really gone by in a flash and so much has changed. This list only scratches the surface. Every time I feel like I might be a little "behind" in life, I think about this and remember just how much can change in a short time. You do the same.
Please comment and let me know -- how has your life changes in the last decade? Blow my mind.