Let's check in. It's day 16 of the new year and with the except ion of my lung-plague, I've been feeling pretty good about how it's all been going. What about you?
I must say, though, the insomnia is back in major, full swing. I have to wonder if it's a result of my body relying on cough syrup with codeine for so long and now, it doesn't know how to rest on its own? It has not helped that twice this week, my apartment building's fire alarm went off (falsely) in the wee hours of morning... But almost every night this week, I've looked at the clock between two and three in the morning having not slept yet... Sigh.
Well, this too shall pass. Moving on, here's some wonderful stuff to click on!
1. The Rhodes Brothers are identical twins who have a YouTube channel with more than 100,000 subscribers, are both models and both happen to be gay. And they decided to shoot and post a video of coming out to their father. It is wonderfully touching. It's lovely. And I want to hug them and their dad.
Some of the comments on YouTube are also lovely and wonderful. Some are abhorent, mind you. But a lot of lovely and wonderful. And that's nice to see.
2. Buzzfeed gave us 21 fluffy puppies. I would like to cuddle with all of them.
3. A friend of mine sent this to me yesterday and it's hytserical. A couple of wine snobs got together and broke down how they really felt about "Two Buck Chuck," or, Trader Joe's Charles Shaw wine.
4. Do you guys know who Jeremy Jordan is? He's going to be a big movie star when The Last Five Years with him and Anna Kendrick comes out next month. For now, enjoy this faaaaabulous video of him singing some Celine Dion.
5. I found a video compilation of dogs chasing their own leashes and I just about died laughing watching it.
6. Benedict Cumberbatch. Chronic photobomber. Last year's Oscars:
This year's Golden Globes:
7. Ever get a greeting card with glitter on it? That shit gets on everything. So wouldn't a glitter filled mailer be a most excellent way to exact vengeance upon your enemies? Now you can do just that. And it's anonymous. How glorious!
UPDATE: NEVER MIND. It was so popular the founder has asked people to stop using the service. WTF, dude? I want to impose glitter upon those who oppose me!!!
8. I have a giveaway going -- go check it out!
9. Lastly, and perhaps most exciting -- I guest-posted on my friend Lindsay's blog and I'm really proud of how it turned out!